4 Gauge is a pre-workout supplement which is designed to deliver the most effective, explosive and focused workout experience possible. At least, that’s the promise made by the company.
They also state that 4 Gauge is the safest and strongest pre-workout on the market. A big claim no doubt, but we’re used to that in this business.
Comparing pre-workouts with one another can be difficult, or really simple, depending on the way you go about it.
For a scientific approach, it’s a numbers game. Can you push, lift, squeeze and pull harder than you can with other, similar products?
Do you feel bigger, stronger and more pumped after a few weeks of using it?
Only one way to find out.
Testing pre-workout supps is our favourite thing to do. So, we wasted no time with 4 Gauge.
Benefits of 4 Gauge
The formula contains ingredients designed to allow you to push you physical and mental limits further during exercise.
Specifically, 4 Gauge’s Short Term Benefits are:
- Increased Explosive Power
- Increased Set Endurance – allowing you to push a couple more reps out
- Enhanced Vasodilation – giving you higher blood flow to muscles (you get more pumped when lifting)
- Boosted Energy Levels – without a crash
- Sharpened Focus and Mind-Muscle Connection
4 Gauge’s Long Term Benefits are:
- Permanent Gains to Size, Mass, Strength and Hardness
- Improved Muscle Defintion
- Improved Muscle to Fat Ratio
- Clearer and Happier Mind
Here are the most important ingredients in 4 Gauge, with a brief explanation of the role of each:
L-Citrulline Malate (6000mg)
This is the most powerful ingredient for muscle pumps, period. It is even more effective than the body’s own method of using l-arginine, which Citrulline is converted into, because it overcomes a rate limiting step.
In other words, L-Citrulline Malate makes your muscles swell and your veins pop out in the gym helping you lift more and making you look awesome.
What’s more, it can boost Growth Hormone by more than 50% during a workout!
And 6 grams is phenomenal.
Caffeine and L-Theanine Stack (150:200mg)
One of the most powerful mini-stacks out there. These days, caffeine is a common ingredient in pre-workout supplements, but L-Theanine helps take it to the next level.
- it smooths out the effect of caffeine so you get all of the energy and focus and none of the jitters and crash.
- it helps release alpha-waves in the brain, making you feel positive, calmer and more dialled in to each individual rep in your set.
Rhodiola Rosea (100mg)
One of the discoveries of the century in our opinion.
Rhodiola combats mental and physical fatigue. It helps both athletes and academics push themselves further.
It improves mood in a way that feels lie a sense of drive purpose. It’s motivation in powder form, basically.
Red Beet (300mg)
Beta Vulgaris increases Nitric Oxide production, which causes vasodilation, allowing for more blood traffic to the muscles, and therefore greater muscle power.
Like Citrulline Malate, this will help you look pumped and feel massive in the gym.
- Coconut Water: 4 Gauge also contains a source of natural electrolytes in coconut water. Most pre-workouts fail to include something this vital.
- Creatine Monohydrate: The most proven strength and power supplement of all time needs no introduction. The vasodilating supps in 4 Gauge will help the creatine get to the muscles and replenish them so much faster.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine: ALCAR improves muscle performance under stress, e.g. weight lifting. It has also been found to transport fat from cells to be burned for energy!
The company recommends that you experiment with 4 Gauge to see what works best for you, within the advised limits of course.
2 scoops mixed with water is the standard dose, but the more hardcore amongst you can work up to 4 from there.
4 Gauge should be consumed 15 to 45 minutes prior to a workout. Again, figure out what works best for you within this range.
The L-Theanine / Caffeine stack can last up to 5 hours so make sure you take that into account because you won’t sleep very well within that time frame.
Side Effects and Safety
4 Gauge is the safest pre-workout we have used. If you are unsure of how you react to caffeine then start with a small trial dose and go from there.
Don’t worry about your muscles getting pumped and your veins protruding in the gym, this is a normal and helpful effect of the nitric oxide boosters.
This product isn’t recommended for people with medical conditions, pregnant / breastfeeding women, or people using medication. Consult your doctor if you have other doubts.
Pricing and Availability
You can buy individual 4 Gauge shotgun shells (‘one round’) or you can get multi-packs.
You will save money if you buy more than one at a time and you will get FREE worldwide shipping with some packages.
Prices are currently starting at around US$37 for each 20 serving shell.
This is about AU$50 for Australia and £25 GBP for the UK.
These may be introductory prices and are very competitive so get in there and order up while they are these prices.
The Final Verdict
4 Gauge has made it to the top of the pre-workout list very quickly. No-body is putting these ingredients in there supplements at these dosages and at these prices.
There is nothing spurious about the ingredients, nothing we don’t understand, no BS.
The recipe is 100% scientifically proven and is possible the most synergistic formula you can get.
The pump you get alone with this stuff is magnificent, and positive mood oozes form your ears as you get started on the weights.
A great physical and mental booster with safe ingredients.