Fire Raid is a “13 Component Stimulant Complex” designed to help you burn fat. It is from the Muscle Army range of products made by SciTec Nutrition.
SciTec is one of the largest in-house supplement manufacturers in Europe and one of the biggest whey protein business globally.
Fire Raid is marketed to active people – more specifically, people who follow a muscle training program and want to also maximize their fat loss.
It comes in bottles designed like desert camo battle fatigues which look excellent.
…but can the pills inside those bottles deliver the fat burning results they promise???
What Is Fire Raid?
Fire Raid is a fat burner.
Stimulant based fat burners are pretty much the go-to supplements for many hardcore and dedicated people working out, trying to reach their physique goals.
As with all of these products though, it doesn’t matter if it sounds the part, it’s the ingredients inside the capsules that make the difference between losing fat and wasting money.
Ingredients – What’s in Fire Raid?
The following ingredients comprise the 13 Component Stimulant Complex we mentioned in the first sentence of this review. The inclusion rates (mcg/mg) represent a 3 capsule serving size:
- Chromium – 13 mcg
- Citrus Aurantium (4% Synephrine) – 500 mg
- Garcinia Cambogia extract (of which HCA) – 500 mg (308 mg)
- L-Tyrosine – 500 mg
- Caffeine – 200 mg
- L-Phenylalanine – 200 mg
- Green Tea extract [50% polyphenols] (EGCG + caffeine) – 200 mg (32 mg + 20 mg)
- Bitter Melon extract – 100 mg
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – 100 mg
- Dandelion extract – 100 mg
- Bacopa monnieri extract – 100 mg
- Coenzyme Q10 – 50 mg
- Cayenne Pepper extract – 20 mg
Total Caffeine = 220 mg
From the recipe, you can make out the obvious stimulants:
- Caffeine – 200 mg
- Citrus Aurantium – 20 mg synephrine
- Green Tea Extract – 20 mg caffeine
That’s the amount in 3 capsules which is a lot for people who aren’t used to synephrine, especially because is combined with 220 mg of caffeine.
We’d certainly recommend caution by beginning with a single capsule dose per day and seeing how that affects you for a couple days.
A couple of the other key ingredients are:
- Garcnina Cambogia – this is a source of hydroxycitric acid which may be able to prevent the storage of fats and also has an, as yet unknown, mechanism of reducing weight gain. The dose here is good but it is not the most powerful ingredient.
- Cayenne Pepper – a none stimulant thermogenic fat burner, it raised the heat in cells.
- Bacopa Monnieri – is an adaptogen which promotes neuron communication. It’s a nootropic basically, and can reduce anxiety. It might help you on a mental level while dieting and training.
- Dandelion extract – a diuretic which purges water from the body. Bodybuilders use these to look more cut / defined on the day of competitions or photoshoots. They don’t cause fat loss, just water loss.
Side Effects and Standard Precautions
Stimulants don’t agree with some people, especially if they are sensitive. If you are a habitual coffee drinker then the caffeine in diet pills will not help you lose weight anyway.
Paradoxically, you need to be sensitive to caffeine for it to help you lose weight which means coming off the coffee for a week or two before starting on a fat burner. But being sensitive might also cause the side effects to be worse.
The solution is to go slow. Start with one pill and see how that goes before increasing the dose – repeat – and then go up to the recommended 3 caps if you can hack it.
People with medical conditions or those on prescription medication should ask their doctor before taking any supplements like this.
Conclusion and Recommendations
Fire Raid has 13 ingredients in it. As such, not many of them can be stuffed into the pills at effective dosages.
On the other hand, caffeine and synephrine are present in strong doses, thus giving us the usual problem with many fat burners: balance…or a lack of.
Three pills might be too much for some people because of the stimulants, but the doses of everything else are weak.
The solution is – ignore the well designed bottles and go with a product that works for you whether it looks cool or not.
We have tested so many fat burners and done so much ingredient research that we have a good idea as to what only makes your wallet lighter and what actually works.