MuscleTech Anarchy is a “Max Potency” pre-workout supplement manufactured in the US by MuscleTech. The company produces numerous other products and the MuscleTech brand name is known and respected all over the world.
The word “anarchy” may not be the first thing that comes to mind when searching for a pre-workout supplement, but as a name it certainly demands attention, and it is hard not to love the way MuscleTech work it’s unusual nature into their marketing campaign.
Potential customers are encouraged to “Unleash the Anarchy!” to attain:
- Extreme Energy & Intensity
- Enhanced Muscle Size & Strength
- Incredible Vascularity and Muscle Fullness
Judging by the amount of customer reviews that are available, the marketing appears to have worked and many (but not all) customers claim the Anarchy benefits match up to the Anarchy Hype and state it has helped them to train harder and get better results.
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
It’s hard to knock MuscleTech as far as transparency goes, they have provided the inclusion rates for all of the ingredients used. Nothing is hidden in proprietary blends and, at five calories per scoop; there should be no need to worry about using less holes on the weightlifting belt.
- Calcium helps relax the muscle and improves contraction abilities, thereby enabling an improved workout and reducing the likelihood of cramping or injuries.
- Beta-Alanine is an amino acid that is a very popular inclusion in pre-workout supplements. Its ability to enhance endurance has been scientifically proven and the recommended dose is 3.2g, which is exactly what two scoops of Anarchy provide.
- Arginine Inositol – Used here in a branded version, arginine inositol silicate is a Nitric Oxide booster; so it should help improve training ability by providing the muscles with extra nutrients and oxygen.
- Glycerol – binds with fluids within the muscle tissue, making the muscles look larger and fuller, but it isn’t totally clear how this would increase training ability; perhaps muscle hydration.
- Caffeine Anhydrous is an energy provider that gets to work quite fast. It also provides a number of other benefits that can be useful in a workout situation, including better muscle contraction and increased focus.
- Choline Bitartrate has proven weight loss-enhancing capabilities, but is unlikely to improve performance levels in the gym.
- L-theanine is an amino acid that can boost levels of alertness and should be useful for helping gym-goers concentrate on getting the best out of each and every rep.
- Rhodiola Extract is a plant derivative taken from an adaptogen herb. It is a good source of rosavin (a fat burner), and is also believed to help fight the symptoms of fatigue.
- Yohimbe is a stimulant that is extracted from the bark of the yohimbine tree. It is often used as an energy-provider and also has a good reputation as a fat burner.
How to Take Anarchy
New users are advised to mix one scoop of the formulation with 6-8 oz. of water and consume it 20 to 30 minutes before commencing a workout. If no tolerance issues are experienced it is permissible to increase the dosage from day two onwards, and take two scoops mixed with 12 to 16 oz. of water. But two scoops should never be exceeded in any 24 hour period and MuscleTech states the entire label should be read before supplementation is commenced.
MuscleTech appears to have disappointed a few users this time around, but negative comments are in the minority. Most users rate the product quite highly.
A couple of negative reviews read:
“The most disappointing MuscleTech product I’ve had the misfortune to use. It’s totally useless. Even upping the dose to 3 scoops was a waste of time.”
“The watermelon flavour tastes like cough medicine gone bad. Very poor pump, very little energy. Will not buy again.”
Two positive reviews read:
“It’s a little chalky on the tongue, but it definitely works. Gives an intense energy rush and the endurance to push yourself that little bit further. One of my favourite MuscleTech products so far.”
“Anarchy gives me a lot of extra focus and has improved my endurance on some really intense cardio and strength workouts. First the reps went up, then the weight went up. Fifteen minutes after I take it can’t wait to get into the gym and get going. As for the taste, I can only comment on the Fruit Punch and I love it.”
Side Effects, Health Issues & Supplementary Information
Anarchy is not a suitable option for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers or anyone who has a previous history of heart attacks. People who have existing health issues should seek medical advice before commencing supplementation.
The same advice is offered to anyone who is taking medication(s). Each serving of Anarchy contains as much caffeine as two cups of coffee, so the formulation may not be suitable for anyone who has a low tolerance of caffeine or other stimulants. MuscleTech also advise against using Anarchy alongside other caffeine providers (tea, coffee, soda, etc.).
There does not appear to be a money back guarantee.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
It is not possible to purchase Anarchy via the MuscleTech website, but MuscleTech products are available from online retailers all over the world, including GNC (USA), Dolphin Fitness (UK), and SuppsRus (Australia).
A choice of flavours is available, but many retailers fail to stock all the available options, with Water Melon and Fruit Punch appearing to be the most popular.
Prices can vary from one retailer to the next, but Amazon customers in the UK can usually expect to pay around £22 for a 150g tub (30 servings).