ThermoFuel is a weight loss supplement manufactured in the EU for NRGFuel and distributed in the UK by Florida Health. Both companies are known to reputable, but the simple truth of the matter is the identity of the manufacturer is unknown.
Like the majority of supplement suppliers NRGFuel knows how to throw a good sales pitch:
“Using only the absolute best ingredients we have formulated possibly the strongest, most potent, mind blowing weight loss product on the market.”
Fat burners are vital in the cutting cycle but choosing the correct one can be a minefield.
The main promised benefits are:
- Boosted metabolism
- Thermogenic fat burning
- Appetite suppression
- Increased mental focus
What is ThermoFuel and how does it Work?
The ThermoFuel blend is primarily designed to work as a thermogenic fat burner.
Thermogenic fat burners raise the body’s core temperature sufficiently to increase the metabolic rate and encourage more efficient fat burning. The blend also contains several stimulants to boost energy levels and help ensure keener level of focus; with the blend’s alleged appetite suppressing abilities being reliant on the addition of garcinia cambogia.
NRGFuel Thermofuel Key Ingredients
Each (2 capsule) dose provides:
- Guarana Extract (550mg): A potent caffeine provider sourced from a climbing plant. Should help provide extra energy and focus, but may also cause caffeine-related side effects.
- Garcinia Cambogia (250mg): A popular “superfruit” that assists weight loss by suppressing the appetite and preventing excess carbohydrate from being stored as body fat. Its powers are severely hindered here by a low inclusion rate—most effective formulations provide twice this amount.
- L-Tyrosine (300mg): An amino acid that works as a mood enhancer and can reduce feelings of stress.
- Citrus Aurantium (300mg): Several studies indicate citrus aurantium to be a powerful thermogenic fat burner, but its use has been linked to dangerous side effects.
- L-Carnitite L-Tartrate (100mg): A form of carnitine (a substance important to energy production). Most people generate sufficient quantities of carnitine without the need for supplementation though, so its inclusion here probably offers little or no benefit.
- Ginger Root (100mg): Ginger has a soothing effect on the digestive system, but its addition here seems pretty pointless.
- Vitamin B5 (30mg): Most B vitamins are beneficial to the metabolism. B5 can be particularly useful for ensuring the body uses fat efficiently and for lowering cholesterol level.
- Chromium Picolinate (100mcg): Chromium has a longstanding reputation for being a fat burner, but recent studies show its reputation is undeserved.
- Piperine (5mg): A black pepper extract that has been proven to assist the thermogenic fat burning process. It also has the ability to ensure the smooth absorption of other ingredients.
- Caffeine (100mg): A potent stimulant that should boost energy levels, but side effects are possible.
- Vitamin B1 (2.8mg): A vital nutrient that can provide extra energy by ensuring the smooth conversion of carbohydrates to glucose.
- Cayenne Extract (60mcg): A powerful thermogenic fat burner that can kick the metabolism into top gear and cause calories to be burned 12 times faster than normal, but the quantity used here is probably too low to offer much benefit.
- Vitamin B12 (1000mcg): A vitamin that offers many benefits but cannot be directly linked to weight loss.
- Biotin (90mcg): The body utilizes biotin in a variety of ways, including the metabolism of amino acids and fats.
- Green Tea (100mg): A diet pill regular, green tea is a health-boosting ingredient with proven fat burning abilities.
Thermofuel Usage Instructions
For best results, two capsules should be taken half-an-hour before breakfast, followed by another two capsules half-an-hour before dinner. A further two capsules are permissible prior to commencing exercise. The practicality of the pre-exercise dosage will depend on the time of day (the capsules should not be taken within four hours of bedtime).
NRGFuel advise new users to take half the normal dosage for the first five days of supplementation, in order to check for any tolerance issues, and further advise consuming 8 – 10 glasses of water each day.
Thermofuel Celebrity Endorsements
The NRGFuel brand is endorsed by several sporting personalities and minor celebrities, including the fitness model Angie Weston and the make-up artist Gary Cockerill.
Thermofuel Customer Feedback
No customer feedback could be found at the time of this review.
Thermofuel Side Effects & Health Issues
Caffeine-related side effects cannot be ruled out and may include headaches, nausea, and the jitters. Citrus Aurantium is, however, a more worrying inclusion because its use has been linked to heart attacks and strokes, so all potential ThermoFuel users are advised to seek medical advice prior to commencing supplementation.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
NRGFuel ThermoFuel capsules appear to be only available to buy from the NRGFuel website. Each (180 Capsule) bottle costs £24.99. Postage is free, but no international shipping is offered and there is no money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
Although the ThermoFuel blend contains some good ingredients, in many cases the inclusion rates appear to be insufficient to provide the promised results. There is, however, some possibility that, as a combined whole, the blend may still deliver some good results, but the lack of customer feedback makes it impossible to judge if this is the case.
This means any customer purchasing ThermoFuel is taking a bit of a gamble, and there is no money back guarantee to provide a financial safety net. As with any gamble it may pay off, but potential users who have problems tolerating stimulants or who have existing health issues may be better off seeking an alternative weight loss option.
Recommended Fat Burner
We recommend Instant Knockout in this particular category. It has a highly refined and well documented ingredient profile.
“I’m really impressed with the all round strength of this product. The fat-burning action coupled with the comfortable appetite suppressant is a very effective combination.” Max Smithson