Motivation is a supplement designed to boost mental and physical performance. It’s produced in the US by Ryno Power and the company state the formulation provides a blend of “energising herbs” that allow the user to “keep pace for hours without mental fatigue”.
Many companies are taking advantage of the growing interest in nootropics, and are combining them with other energy supplements and fat burners. Motivation has a clear objective and Ryno Power is dedicated to selling it on that point.
The main promised benefits are:
- Clean & comfortable energy
- Natural caffeine and key ingredients
- Promotes mental output
- Can be used by power, strength, and endurance athletes
- Suitable for any prolonged activity that requires sustained mental energy and focus
- Enjoy the same performance and concentration you already love but with slightly more power
- Replaces expensive coffee and energy drinks
- Boosts mental and physical performance
- Doesn’t cause the same dehydration as synthetic caffeine
- Motivate yourself to charge life
- Natural energy formula
- Improved mental clarity and focus
- Sustains energy levels without spikes or drops
- For athletes of all ages
…We needed some motivation just to read all the benefits!!
What is Motivation and What Does it Do?
Motivation is in a bit of weird bracket. It reads like a pre-workout, cognitive function enhancer. The name says it all – it’s for motivation. It contains many ingredients found in fat burners that have a cognitive addition and also pre-workouts.
Supplements of this type boost energy levels, improve focus and concentration, and typically offer additional benefits such as vasodilation or improved muscle growth. A quick look a the list of promised benefits suggests Motivation is likely to have more in common with an energy drink such as Red Bull than with the average pre-workout supplement.
What’s in the Formula?
Two capsules provide:
- Vitamin C (20mg): An important vitamin that has antioxidant properties and enhances the immune system.
- Vitamin B-6 (4mg): A water-soluble vitamin. The body uses vitamin B6 to manufacture seratonin and norepinephrine. Both assist signal transmission in the brain.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vit B5) (30mg): A water-soluble vitamin the body requires to synthesize and metabolize macronutrients.
- Guarana Seed Extract (360mg): A berry extract that provides a slow release of caffeine. Guarana is good for ensuring long-lasting energy and focus.
- L-Tyrosine (334mg): An amino acid that is necessary for the manufacture of important neurotransmitters. L-Tyrosine is often used as a focus booster.
- L-Taurine (200mg): An amino sulfonic acid that is reputed to be capable of improving mental performance. L-Taurine is also an antioxidant that can protect the cells from being damaged by the oxidation that results from certain chemical processes within the body.
- DMAE Bitartrate (66mg): A compound that is sometimes used to treat the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and autism.
- Ginkgo Biloba (40mg): A plant extract that can improve blood flow to the brain and may help alleviate the memory problems that result from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Vinpocetine (10mg): A cerebral vasodilator which improves blood flow to the brain, improving its energy and nutrient flow.
- Inositol (108mg): A vitamin-like substance that shows promise as a possible treatment for panic attacks.
- Glucoronolactone (108mg): A molecule that is often added to energy drinks.
- Bioperine (5mg): A patented black pepper extract that is a popular supplement ingredient due to its ability to help other ingredients be absorbed more quickly.
- L-Theanine (100mg): An amino acid that is believed to have the ability to trigger advanced neurotransmitter activity. It smooths out the stim spike of caffeine and other stimulants while improving their benefits to cognitive function.
How to Take Motivation
According to the manufacturer, capsules should always be swallowed with water and two capsules should be taken for every four hours of activity. The maximum dose of four capsules per day should not be exceeded.
A few average customer reviews read:
Side Effects & Standard Precautions
Motivation is unsuitable for pregnant or nursing mothers. People who have existing health issues, or are taking medication, should check with their GP prior to commencing supplementation.
Ryno Power do not provide their customers with a money back guarantee.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
A bottle of Motivation contains 60 capsules and costs $22.95 (£15.85) when purchased from the Ryno Power online store. It is also possible to purchase the product via Amazon.co.uk, but customers who do so can expect to pay over £60 and postage is extra.
Our Conclusion and Recommendation
We weren’t awestruck by the effects of Motivation, although we like the concept of it. Nootropics and cognitive function supplements are very interesting because they benefit the most important organ in our bodies: our brains!
Nothing much would get done if we didn’t have the willpower and positive mental attitude to achieve them. That’s why the nootropic addition to pre-workouts, fat burners and muscle supplements is the future.
Check out IKO (pictured right) for an example of the best in its class.