S3 Testosterone Booster is produced in capsule form by the American company Gifted Nutrition and, with an ingredient called “horny goat weed” included in the mix, it sounds like it could be an interesting formulation to take.
Promised benefits include:
- Increases testosterone levels
- Enhances recovery
- Keeps muscles lean
- Better sex
How Testosterone Boosters Work
The testosterone hormone is manufactured in the bodies of men and women alike. Men produce most of their testosterone via their testes, while women rely on their ovaries’ leydig cells, but both sexes share a common problem—reduced testosterone production is part of the ageing process. Production can start to dwindle quite early on in life and after the age of 20 it is downhill all the way.
Testosterone is a very important for muscle growth so it is not surprising many bodybuilders attempt to cheat nature by taking supplements designed to get the testosterone-secreting glands pumping at an increased rate. In fact, the results of one study, conducted in New York at the Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, suggest boosting testosterone production can increase protein synthesis by around 27%. That’s a significant amount and testosterone boosters can provide a number of other health benefits as well.
- Provide stronger bones
- Improve the sex drive
- Protect the heart from disease
- Encourage fat burning
- Increase energy levels
- Enhance the mood
Each S3 Testosterone Booster capsule provides 742mg of a proprietary blend that contains:
- Horny Goat Weed Leaf Extract: Also known as Randy Beef Grass, Rowdy Lamb Herb, and Bishop’s Hat. With a plethora of suggestive names like that its Latin name (Epimedium) sounds kind of boring, and there are no gold stars offered to anyone who guesses this Asian plant extract is reputed to be an aphrodisiac. Some studies suggest it has potential as a nitric oxide booster.
- Tongkat Ali Root Extract: An ingredient taken from a flowering shrub native to some Asian countries, including Malaysia and Indonesia. A news report published in the New Sunday Times in 1999 dubbed it the “Asian Viagra”.
- Saw Palmetto Fruit Extract: A fruit extract that provides fatty acids and phytosterols. It is often used as a treatment for enlarged prostate glands and has been tried as a treatment for many other ailments, including migraine headaches and asthma, but reported side effects include dizziness and constipation.
- Wild Yam Root Extract: The active ingredient in wild yam is a chemical called diosgenin. It is possible to convert it into the steroids dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), which is known to be a precursor to testosterone, so it is easy to understand why wild yam is often an ingredient in testosterone boosting formulations. According to experts from the University of Maryland Medical Center diosgenin can only be converted to DHEA in the laboratory, and has not as yet been proven in the human body.
- Sarsaparilla Root Extract: Like wild yam root, sarsaparilla root is a source of diosgenin and is unknown as a testosterone booster for the same reasons. It is worth noting some people are allergic to sarsaparilla and strong doses can also irritate the stomach and kidneys. The inclusion rate here is not known.
- Nettle Root Extract and Boron Amino Acid: Both are held in high regard by bodybuilders though the scientific evidence is a little weak.
- Orchic Substance: An extract taken from cattle testicles. Considering its origins it should have potential, but there is no real scientific proof to back up any of the claims made for the ingredient’s abilities as a testosterone booster.
How to use S3 Testosterone Booster
The recommended dose is two capsules per day. The first capsule should be taken in the morning, the second in the afternoon.
Some of the ingredients are known to present the possibility of mild side effects, so all potential users are advised to seek the advice of a medical professional prior to commencing supplementation if they are at all concerned.
Pricing & Purchasing Options
Each bottle of S3 Testosterone Booster costs $59.99 from the Gifted Nutrition online store. It is also possible to purchase S3 Testosterone Booster from a number of online suppliers including TigerFitness.com and Nutrition Waterhouse, but the price appears to be consistent across all sources so customers hoping for a better deal are likely to be disappointed.
S3 Testosterone Booster is sold without a money back guarantee.
No customer comments could be found at this stage.
S3 Testosterone Booster Pros and Cons
|The Pros||The Cons|
|Phil Heath is associated with it||Not much positive feedback|
|Widely available||Proprietary blend|
|Some unknown unproven ingredients|
Conclusion and Recommendations
It’s possible that S3 is so new that it hasn’t got much of a grounding for reputation yet. Either way, it’s not close to challenging Prime Male for the pole position.
Prime Male is the Number 1 recommended testosterone booster in our reviews and is certainly one of the best supplements you can get for your money, not to mention free worldwide shipping depending on the package you purchase.
We have reviewed Prime Male on this site and you can read that article by following the link provided below.