Thermalene Remix is a weight loss supplement produced in New Zealand by Syn-Tec Sports Nutrition. The capsules contain a blend of 10 ingredients chosen to support the nutritional requirements of “sports people” who are following a regimen that is intended to help them manage their weight.
According to the Syn-Tec website, Thermalene Remix is an appetite suppressant thermogenic. This suggests the formulation is designed to work as a combined appetite suppressant and fat burner. Such combinations are very common and the ones that work can produce good results by ensuring a lowered calorie intake and increased calorie burn.
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
Four capsules provide:
- Green Tea Extract (4:1) Equiv Dry Herb (1,024mg): Green tea is rich in catechins that have a proven ability to assist weight loss.
- Garcinia Quaesita Extract (6:1) HCA Equiv Dry Herb (5,136mg): Known by a number of names, including garcinia cambogia and brindal berry, garcinia quaesita is s fruit-based ingredient that provides hydroxycitric acid (HCA). It assists weight loss by supressing the appetite and preventing excess carbohydrates from being stored as fat. In January 2007, Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry published the results of a study that was supportive of garcinia’s abilities as a weight loss provider. After examining the data obtained the scientists concluded “The results therefore confirm that ethanolic extracts of G. cambogia seeds have both haematologically enhancing and anti-obesity effects. ” A number of other studies, including this one conducted in Japan, are equally supportive.
- Citrus Aurantium Extract (10:1) (28.8mg): A fruit derivative that can boost the metabolism and kick-start the fat burning process.
- Chromium Picolinate (240mcg): Chromium is a common inclusion in weight loss blends due to its longstanding reputation as a fat burner. The results can often be modest though, and not all studies are supportive of its abilities as a weight loss aid. [Further Reading]
- Guarana Extract (6:1) (3,164mg): A fruit extract that is known to be twice as potent as coffee, guarana provides the body with a steady release of caffeine that can ensure an ongoing source energy and assist weight loss by dulling the appetite and triggering thermogenic fat burning.
- Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract (100:1) (6,000mg): A plant-based ingredient that is often used to trigger fat burning. Not all studies are supportive of its abilities, but one study, conducted at Baylor University (Texas, USA); suggests it may have potential for protecting against weight gain.
- Raspberry Ketones (150mg): Typically sourced from raspberries, RK has an excellent reputation as a fat burner and is favoured by many celebrities including Kim Kardashian and Oprah Winfrey.
- Prickly Pear Extract 20:1 (2,400mg): Renowned for its fat binding abilities, prickly pear (opuntia ficus-indica) combines with dietary fats in the stomach and prevents them from being digested. Fat is a high calorie nutrient, so prickly pear can be a very effective weight loss provider.
- Tyrosine (200mg): An ingredient that is believed to function both as a fat burner and a mental ability enhancer.
- Piper Nigrum Extract (Bioperine) (5mg): A black pepper extract that can be found in supplements of all kinds. It is generally favoured because it can help the body absorb other ingredients, but it can also boost the metabolism and provide fat burning.
How to Take Thermalene Remix
The recommended dose is 4 capsules per day.
- 2 capsule with breakfast
- 1 capsule with lunch
- 1 capsule mid afternoon
Independent feedback is hard to find and can be conflicting.
One customer states:
“I was losing 1kg per week using Thermalene Extreme, but this new stuff is terrible. I’ve not lost any weight at all so I’m feeling pretty peed-off.”
“Syntec is one of the best companies in the business and this is a great product. My weight is dropping every day so I should be looking pretty good when I’m catching some waves this summer.”
Side Effects, Health Issues & Supplementary Information
The Syn-Tec website does not state if side effects are likely to be an issue, but no formulation can ever be claimed to be 100% side effect free because different people respond to different ingredients in different ways. Pregnant or nursing mothers should avoid all forms of dietary supplement unless their doctor has advised them otherwise. The same advice is applicable to anyone who has existing health issues or is taking medications.
There does not appear to be a money back guarantee.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
A (90 capsule) bottle of Thermalene Remix costs AUD$ 59.90 from the manufacturer’s website. It is also possible to purchase the pills via a number of online stores, including Mr Supplement and The Supplement Den, and a little shopping around can often secure modest savings.
Syn-Tec also sells larger (210 capsule) bottles for AUD$ 99.90, but many third-party suppliers only stock the standard-size bottle.
The following link will take you to the best supplements for weight loss that we have reviewed so far.